We hope your days are full of Pleasant Surprises!





































































































































Tuesday, July 20, 2010

ABC LA Workshop

Yesterday I went to the ABC LA workshop on blogging, branding and balance at the Bungalow Club. This was the best bang for my buck in a long time. Even though I was like an hour late because of the good ol' 101 freeway, I got there just in time to sample some yummy dishes and hear the fabulous speakers from The Broke-Ass Bride. Dana LaRue and Hunter Stiebel were the most informative, entertaining, totally prepared speakers I've heard in a long time. In spite of the minor technical difficulty they were experiencing with the power point, they had everyone completely engaged throughout their whole presentation. Plus they are a super cute, newly married couple.

This cute cartoon is just a taste of all the fun stuff you'll find on their site.


I took away from this some great handouts, great notes, and great advice. Hey, look at me, I got out of my own way and I'm just blogging! Woohoo!

The Bungalow Club is a very cool place to have dinner, just hang out and have amazing events. This is where Dana and Hunter had their wedding reception. The food was delicious too. I was in the mood for comfort food yesterday and there was a chicken and mashed potatoes dish that came my way and I enjoyed it very much.

Another thing I really enjoyed was the cute little dessert bar provided by Bittersweet Treats. I walked 5 miles yesterday so it canceled the calories of the 4 yummy treats I had. I had initially brought 3, but my table mate Julie Hopkins of Camera Creations tempted me to get the 4th one. (Shame on you...but THANK YOU, you were right, it WAS good!!)

It was great to see familiar faces (I love Melissa Allen from the Ebell L.A.) and get to talk to people I had only seen from afar at past meetings (Doyle Borden is My Flower Guy, we shared some table space and chit chatted a bit).

This workshop was worth the hours on the freeway. I'm excited to use the new information I learned and looking forward to seeing how it will positively impact Pleasant Surprise Events.

3 comments:

  1. How cute are you?!? LOL

    What a kick it was to see you the other night! Its been way too long! It was a really good workshop and I only wish it were a series: lots more could be learned from these two...

    Hope to see you again very soon!
    ~Melissa
    The Ebell of Los Angeles

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was such fun at this event~! I had a great time with you by my side as well :) There was a lot of great information and it looks like you are putting it to practice already! Congratulations and great job~!
    I'm looking forward to seeing you again!
    Doyle
    my flower guy

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS IS AWESOME! Thank you so much for the incredible compliments. I can't believe you were nervous about blogging, because this is a fantastic post! Looking forward to staying in touch :-)

    -Hunter

    ReplyDelete